Maryville College is blessed by the faithful, active relationships with The Presbytery of East TN, The Synod of Living Waters, many regional Presbyterian churches, and Presbyterian churches around the country. In addition, church relationships at MC reflect the widely diverse faith communities represented in our student body. We are grateful for these relationships and are also fully committed to serving the church in a variety of ways. Mutually beneficial initiatives include a range of activities from immediate support for particular needs to long-term investment in developing leadership for the church. Together we can make a difference in the lives of students, the church, the community, and the world.
The College Serving the Faith Communities
- Discounted rates for use of a variety of Maryville College facilities for church meetings and retreats
- Pulpit supply for worship and guest speakers on a broad range of topics
- “Called to College,” a program for youth and their families with up-to-date strategies for the college search
- Student interns, volunteers, and part-time staff for church programs
- Maryville College Concert Choir, Voices of Praise and Off Kilter for church worship services or congregational programs
- Discounted rates for residence facilities for work camps/mission trips
- Extensive programming offered year-round by Maryville College and the Clayton Center for the Arts
Faith Communities Supporting the College
- Display Maryville College and other college materials in youth room
- Link to Maryville College, the Association of Presbyterian College and Universities, or campus ministry centers on the church’s website
- Select high school students for Expanding Horizons, a summer leadership & theology retreat for high school youth.
- Host the choir, an alternative spring break, or a bike trip at your church
- Support a Church and College Fellowship or other church related scholarship as an investment in outstanding church leadership
- Provide a summer internship, or youth or choir internship during the school year