In addition to regular five-week sessions for academic English study, the Maryville College intensive English program offers special language and culture programs in January and July of each year. These two- to three-week programs include a variety of classroom and outside of classroom experiences. Students in special programs have the opportunity to:
· Practice listening and speaking skills with native speakers through conversation practice and classroom discussions.
· Increase their English vocabulary in a real-life setting
· Improve reading comprehension
· Develop English writing, public speaking and presentation skills
· Use English skills with people from a variety of language backgrounds and cultures.
· Learn about local history and culture.
· Visit tourist attractions in the nearby area.
· Experience new outdoors activities in the Great Smoky Mountains and local rivers.
Groups of 10 or more can be accommodated as part of our regular Special Program sessions. In some cases Maryville College can create customized programs for special groups. Typically, groups desiring customized programs should plan to come in June or July. However, in some cases, groups can be accommodated for other dates.
How to get started:
The first step in reserving a space for your special group is to complete our Special Group Questionnaire. To request a copy of the Special Group Questionnaire or to ask questions about special groups, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.