Welcome to the Library!
The faculty and staff at the Lamar Memorial Library are here to help you succeed at Maryville College. We do this by providing research assistance, high quality research tools and information sources, and an inviting space in which to study, collaborate on assignments, and complete research.
We will help you find, evaluate, use, and cite information sources for your assignments and research projects.
- Librarians are available in person, by phone, and via email or online chat and message services to work with students.
- Librarians can help you formulate a research strategy, use research tools, and find information sources.
- Librarians help students develop information skills through individual consultation and class instruction with special emphasis during the first-year and and senior study.
We provide high quality research tools and information resources that support teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Find authoritative, accurate information that is appropriate for college students' research using our single point search interface, MC Quest.
- Explore information resources that support each program of study at Maryville College.
- Use interlibrary loan to obtain materials the library does not own - at no cost.
- The library is open 92 hours a week, with special hours during finals and breaks.
- The library hosts public computer labs and printing for the entire campus.
- The library offers a variety of spaces, including a technology equipped classroom, a conference room, group study rooms, cozy study nooks, individual study carrels, and a lower level quiet study area.
- The library collaborates with other learning support services to enhance student success - the Academic Success, Center, Writing Center, and Math Tank all hold study sessions and consultations in the library.