Note: Review of applications will begin on February 1, 2017 and will continue until the 2017-18 Scots Science Scholars team is complete.
The goal of the Scots Science Scholars program is to increase the number of students completing a major in STEM at Maryville College. Selected students must attend a three-week summer bridge program in August 2017. Students must live on campus and have no other responsibilities during that time. Participants are also required to live on campus throughout the academic year.
Participants will be selected to ensure diversity of STEM interests and backgrounds. Special consideration will be given to applicants from underrepresented groups.
S3 invites applicants who are seriously considering one or more of the following majors:
- Biochemistry (including pre-professional)
- Biology (including pre-professional and teacher licensure)
- Bio-pharmaceutical science
- Chemistry (including teacher licensure)
- Computer Science
- Engineering (Dual degree program)
- Mathematics (including teacher licensure)
- Neuroscience (Biochemistry track)
Participants will be selected to ensure diversity of STEM interests and backgrounds. Special consideration will be given to applicants from underrepresented groups including first-generation college students.