My family moved a lot when I was younger, but we ended up in Maryville when I was in high school, and I graduated from William Blount in 2006. After high school, I was so excited to have the opportunity to come to Maryville College, and I loved every minute of my four years here! At MC, I majored in both History and Religion. I was a member of the Equestrian Team and was involved in the Student Programming Board, Up ‘Til Dawn, and MC Ambassadors. Another great opportunity I had as an MC student was studying abroad. During my time at MC, I got the opportunity to travel on faculty-led trips to Malta, Tunisia, and India. Since graduation, I married another MC alum, and we enjoy hanging out with friends and family, taking road trips with our dogs, and hiking in the Smokies.
- Favorite book - To Kill A Mockingbird
- Favorite TV shows - 24, anything on HGTV
- Favorite movies - The Princess Bride or Steel Magnolias
- Favorite dessert - King Cake- it’s not just for Mardi Gras!
- Favorite hobby - Riding horses and competing in the jumpers
- Place to go - One of the best places I have been is Italy. I went with my mom when I was in high school, and it was my first time out of the country.
Why I love MC
As a student, it is impossible to walk across this gorgeous campus and not see someone you know. Everyone is so welcoming, and they all genuinely want to get to know you. I cherish the close relationships I formed with my professors during my four years here. The professors challenge us academically, but they really want to see us grow and succeed. Also at Maryville College, you make priceless friendships with your classmates, and there is nothing more fun than living in the residence halls. There are so many activities and ways to get involved in this campus. I feel so honored to be an alum of Maryville College and am thankful for the rich experience I gained here!