Intramural Cup Points Information
In order to encourage students, faculty, staff, and other organizations to join in the fun, the Intramurals Program has adopted a point system that allows for the awarding of an Intramurals Cup Champion as well as a Residence Hall Champion at the end of each academic year. The point system provides more incentive for individuals and groups to participate in the Intramurals Program by keeping the thrill of competition within its limits and placing a strong emphasis on sportsmanship and having fun through participation.
Intramural Cup Points will be awarded for activities in the Fall, J-Term, and Spring semesters of an academic year. Individuals must register as a residence hall, either as a floor team or a hall team, to be considered for the Residence Hall Cup Champions. The number of points awarded to an individual or residence hall team will be dependent upon the performance in the activity, forfeits, sportsmanship, and attendance at meetings.
A Champion will be declared in the Individual Champion and Residence Hall divisions. For a team to receive points as a residence hall you must be currently live in that residence hall for the academic year.
- Register team and forms in on time = 25 points
- Captain a team = 50 points
- Participation in a team game = 10 points if your team loses and 50 points if your team wins
- Good sportsmanship = 10, 25, 50 points (awarded at discretion of Intramurals staff)
- Forfeit game = loss of 25 points
- Unsportsmanlike conduct = loss of points at discretion of Intramural staff
- Team Events: First Place = 75 points Second Place = 50 points Third Place = 25 points Fourth Place = 15 points
- Individual Events: First Place = 75 points Second Place = 50 points Third Place = 25 points Fourth Place = 15 points
*Only one team/individual receives points for attending Captains Meeting.
*Teams/individuals must play at least one game to receive registration points.
*Unsportsmanlike conduct will be determined based upon the sportsmanship guidelines.