Circulation Services: General Information
Circulation Desk 981-8099
Reference Desk 981-8256
What services are provided at this desk?
- Materials checkout/return, including reserve readings, headphones, scanners, dry-erase markers
- Library Catalog, Wireless Laptop checkout.
- Patron registration and library account services
- Change for the copier. Copies are 5 cents and the copier accepts one and five dollar bills.
- The library's copier is located on the main level. Besides making print copies, the copier also allows for scannning and emailing digital copies.
- Purchase CDRs, DVDRs, ($1.00each) and transparencies (35 cents each)
How do I borrow materials?
- A valid Maryville College ID or Community Patron or Alumni library card is required to borrow library materials. IDs for students, faculty, and staff are issued in the Student Development office.
- Community Patron and Alumni library cards are issued at the circulation desk.
How long can I keep the materials I've borrowed?
- Students and staff may check out books for 21 days. Books can be renewed in person or online using the Check Your Library Account link.
- Faculty and students enrolled in Senior Thesis 351/352 may check out books until the last day of classes. Shorter loan periods may be neccessary when several people need the same item.
- Audiovisual materials circulate for 2 days.
- Community patrons and Alumni may check out books only for 3 weeks (for more information, please read the (Community Patron and Alumni Policy).
- Reserve materials are available for student check out only. Reserve materials circulate for 2 hours, for in-library use only, unless an instructor has specified overnight use. Loan periods are specified on the date due labels of reserve materials.
How do I obtain reserve readings?
- Go to the McQuest website. Choose one of the links for Course Reserve by Professor or Course Number.
- Once you have opened up the file for your course list, scroll over to the right and identify the call number for the Student Assistant at the Circulation Desk, who will check the reading out onto your library account.
What if the item I need is checked out?
Provide the following information in person or in an e-mail to the Circulation Coordinator:
- Your name and barcode number
- The author, title, and call number of the item you are requesting
- Your contact information and how soon materials are needed
You may request that a hold be placed on any item except reserve materials.
How will you contact me if I need to return materials?
- All library notices are sent via Maryville College e-mail, or by U.S. mail when an e-mail address is not available.
- For information on fines and replacement fees, please visit the overdue materials policy page.