Circulation Services: Wireless Laptop Policies
- Maryville College students, faculty, and staff with a current Maryville College ID card and a clean library record may borrow laptop computers. The ID will be held while the laptop is in use.
- A new Laptop Agreement Form must be completed at the start of each school year.
- Laptops may not be reserved or checked out for classroom use.
- Laptops cannot be checked out for anyone else.
- Only one laptop per person may be checked out at a time.
- Laptops circulate on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are not allowed.
- Laptops are for in-library use only. They may not be taken to upstairs classrooms.
- Laptops circulate for 2 hours.
- Laptops must be turned in fifteen minutes before the library closes. Failure to do so will result in loss of laptop borrowing privileges.
- You are responsible for the laptop until a library staff member has checked it in.
Do not leave a laptop unattended at any time.
- Report any accident, damage, or harm to the laptop to a library staff member at the Library’s Circulation Desk.
- Laptops that become damaged or missing while checked out will incur a replacement charge.
- You can print from a laptop to any of the library printers.
Pages will be deducted from your print allocation.
- All work should be saved to a network drive or thumb drive. The Library is not responsible for any files left on a laptop or for use or damage to a user’s files during the loan period. Any files saved to a laptop are automatically removed when the laptop is shut down and cannot be recovered.
- Library staff will provide assistance with using software loaded on the laptops, but cannot provide technical support for computer hardware or network connection errors.
- Users agree to adhere to current Maryville College computer usage policies.