Research Guide - Economic and Statistical Information
World Wide Web Sources
- Brookings http://www.brookings.edu/
- Bureau of Labor Statistics http://stats.bls.gov/
Information provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. To find consumer spending information, look for the section on:
- Select the link for Spending and Time Use
- Select Consumer Expenditures.
- Examine the tables for General Overview. Also, to define terms, examine the Glossary.
- Congressional Budget Office http://www.cbo.gov/
- Council of Economic Advisors http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/cea/
- Economagic: Economic Time Series Page http://www.Economagic.com
- Economic Policy Institute's Data Zone http://www.epi.org/resources/datazone_index/
- Economic Report of the President http://www.gpoaccess.gov/eop/
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation http://www.fdic.gov/
- Federal Reserve of the United States http://www.federalreserve.gov/
To find information on the 12 Federal Reserve districts, go to General Information and find the link for Federal Reserve District and Banks.
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York - United States Credit Conditions http://data.newyorkfed.org/creditconditions/
- Office of Management and Budget, Executive Office of the President of the United States http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
Previous Years in Main Stacks 317.3 U581s
Also, online at http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/
- Stimulus Watch http://www.stimuluswatch.org/2.0/
- United States Census - Main Page http://www.census.gov/
- United States Census - 1992, 1997, and 2002 Concentration Ratios
- United States Department of Commerce: Bureau of Economic Analysis http://www.bea.gov/
- Unisted States Department of the Treasury http://www.ustreas.gov/
- White House Briefing Room http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing_room/
Provides recent data on basic federal economic indicators including employment, income, international trade, money, output, prices, production, and transportation.
European Statistical Source
- Eurostat http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/
Reference, Magazine, and Journal Sources
ABI/Inform is the gold standard for business and management research and information.
- Standard and Poor's NetAdvantage Online
Standard and Poor's is the leader in providing investment data valuation, analysis, and opinions. Data is available for industries and individual companies.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic Universe
LexisNexis™ Academic Universe provides full-text documents from over 10,000 news, business, legal, medical, and reference publications.
- Encyclopedia of American Business History and Biography
(for Automobile, Airline, Banking/Finance, and Railroad Histories) Reference 338.7 E56
- Business Statistics of the United States Reference 330 B9798
- Handbook of U.S. Labor Statistics Reference 331.0973 H2368
- Economic Report of the President Located in Main Stacks 330.9 U586e 1965-2003
- Federal Reserve Bulletin Located in Current and Bound Periodicals
Created by: Roger Myers
Assistant Professor and Reference/Instruction Librarian
Last Update: December 6, 2010