Maryville College students hae the opportunity to do any internship abroad of their choice during the summer. However, the International Programming Committee has also taken the time to pre-approve some specific programs and partners. These summer internship abroad opportunities are linked here.
[MC Study Abroad Scholarships are only available for approved programs]
GLOBAL CAREER BUILDING INTERNSHIPS: ISA/GLOBALINKS
- HONG KONG
- NEW ZEALAND
- What do you get? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzWurnnb7nA#t=30
- Top 10 reasons to intern abroad (according to ISA/GlobaLinks) http://www.gointernabroad.com/why-intern-abroad/top-10-reasons-to-intern-abroad
INTERNSHIPS ABROAD: CISABROAD
Some STUDY & INTERN options. Each internship is customized to your personal and professional goals.
- COSTA RICA
- NEW ZEALAND
- SOUTH AFRICA
INTERNATIONAL INTERNSHIPS AND STUDY/INTERN COMBINATIONS: CEA STUDY ABROAD
- PRAGUE, Czech Republic
(check out the housing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp2wVsAufpM)
- DUBLIN, Ireland
- GRENADA, Spain
- CEA's mission translates into providing you every opportunity to immerse yourself in your new city, culture and language with a strong support network
INTERNATIONAL STUDY/INTERNSHIP PROGRAM: ISEP
- BRUSSELS, Belgium
Each program has a different application process and form available on the partner website. Generally an initial online application will be required, and at some point you need to be prepared to submit a resume and take part in an interview.
MARYVILLE COLLEGE APPLICATION DEADLINE is JANUARY 15th
(regardless of what the provider deadline is)
So, why should I intern, work or volunteer abroad?
- Earn money and travel
- Gain valuable experience, both personally and professionally
- Develop language and communication skills
- Accept the challenge of familiar work in an unfamiliar environment
Working or volunteering overseas is a great way to broaden your horizons and become a part of the global community of the business and information world. You can benefit from the cultural experience and from learning another language as well as from the work experience.
What kind of work can I do?
If you don't see what you like above, there are many types of jobs abroad available, but some are easier to find and arrange than others. For example:
- Teaching English abroad
- Au pair jobs
- International development
- Seasonal, short-term or Summer jobs
- Unskilled or manual labor
- Professional opportunities
Where can I work?
You can work in most countries, but each country has its own laws and requirements about foreign citizens working in their country. Remember to check visa requirements with the host country consulate or embassy. You must obtain the proper documents that allow you to legally work in the country.
A good starting place for additional options is http://www.goabroad.com/
Stop by International House if you have questions, or want help finding a specific intern or volunteer placement.