Study Abroad Opportunities
MC students can choose between
You may choose to study abroad in English or in the native language of your host countries. Semester or year-long programs are opportunities to be fully immersed in a university in another country.
These three-week programs are led by Maryville College faculty and fulfill your experiential education requirement. Programs are offered in different countries each year.
- January 2016: France & Ecuador & Spain DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL APRIL 6th!
- January 2015: Costa Rica & India
- Spring 2016: 1 program - Bonaire [APPLICATION WINDOW CLOSED]
- Spring 2015: 1 program - Switzerland - Follow their Blog:
- Study Abroad: Learn a language. Study a specific topic. Summer programs are designed to give you four to eight weeks in another country.
- Intern Abroad: Opportunities for EVERY major!
- Summer 2015: Two weeks in Costa Rica with Bonner Scholars
These programs are sometimes international and sometimes US-based. Currently no trips scheduled for 2014-15.
Next International Road Trip planned: Costa Rica - May 2017
¡Hola! My name is Fiorina Adorati and I am currently completing my senior year in both Biochemistry and Spanish at Maryville College. Last semester, spring 2012, I had the opportunity to study abroad in Spain at the University of Santiago de Compostela. The city itself is named Santiago de Compostela, a Galician city, and has absolutely astonishing geographical beauty and medieval charm. During my time there, I had some of the most wonderful experiences of my life. I was also able to make amazing friends, learn about a different culture, and discover a lot about myself. Traveling abroad was by far the best decision I've made as a Maryville College student. As a result of my trip, I've made incredible friends and memories that will last a lifetime. In short, the follow phrase epitomizes what traveling abroad is all about, “travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” Therefore, I believe exploring the world through travel is the only way to fill in all the blank pages the world has to offer. Take a chance and travel abroad--you won't regret it!
Read more about Fiorina's experiences on our BLOG