Embedded travel-study programs offer MC students alternate study environments, international experiences and exposure to diverse cultures while earning credit towards their degree. The programs have experiential learning as the focus and are typically one-week in length. They take place either during spring break or immediately after the spring semester. Programs and destinations vary from year to year.
How it Works:
- Explore a new culture related to a particular course or theme.
- Possibility of earning 1 [extra] portfolio credit per program (sometimes the credit is already built into the course)
- Programs involve group meeting prior to departure, program-related assignments, frequent discussions, readings, and journaling
- This is an interactive learning experience. You are not sitting in a classroom abroad, but learning about the course topic with the international destination as your classroom.
- Read about individual programs via the links on the left toolbar!
Who can participate?
Registration & Application:
Get More Information:
- January Travel Study Program Information Meeting: Meetings will take place in January & February (Watch Today@MC for information)
- Talk to Faculty Leaders about the program you are interested in.
- Please fill out the Travel Study faculty-led program application form
- J-term travel-study applications will be due to the Center for Center for International Education (International House) by March 1st (or the Monday after if it falls on a weekend) with a $100 application fee. This fee will be used as a deposit towards the cost of the program.
- Carter/TRAAVEL scholarship applications will be due to the Center for International Education (International House) by March 1st. (or the Monday after if it falls on a weekend)
- Students will be notified by April 1st of their acceptance.
- All selected students will need to make a $200 deposit to the Center for International Education (International House) by April 15th.
- Register for the course!
- REFUND POLICY: Students who are not selected will receive a refund of this application fee. Otherwise it is non-refundable. If you decline a place offered to you it is non-refundable.