September 11 Remembrance
September 10-11, 2002
Tuesday September 10
12:25 CCM:Community Worship: A service of remembrance and peace
7:00: An Evening of Memory and Hope, Sponsored by Blount County Ecumenical Action Council: The evening will begin at 7pm, with a call to prayer at the Pavilion in the Greenbelt in downtown Maryville, behind the Blount County Courthouse. The program will include prayers from several faith traditions, invited remarks from individuals, and music. Participants may also walk along a Path of Memory and Hope lit with luminaries, take part in artistic expressions of memory and hope, and visit an area designated for personal commitments to understanding and action. People are encouraged to bring chairs and blankets.
Wednesday September 11
8:45: Moment of silence across campus, with tolling of the tower bell. 2 minutes duration.
4:00: Wilson Chapel Panel Discussion/Forum: Where have we been? What has changed? Where are we going?
- Chad Berry, Associate Professor of History
- Dean Bolden, Professor of Sociology
- Scott Brunger, Associate Professor of Economics
- Peggy Cowan, Associate Professor of Religion
- Harry Howard, Director of Education & Discernment
- Dave Powell, Adjunct Instructor of English
- Moderator: Anne McKee, Campus Minister