High School Students
Will you do well here? You will if you’ve had a strong college preparatory curriculum in high school, rank in the top half of your class, and have better than average test scores. But, as MC student Owen Shelnutt observed, “When I applied to Maryville College, they looked at more than my transcripts and test scores. My admissions counselor helped me every step of the way, from the moment I submitted my application through starting my first semester of classes as a Maryville College student.’’ The Maryville admissions process looks at more than academic credentials. We look at the whole person and take into account extracurricular and co-curricular involvement and activities, as well as personal achievement. That said, the basic coursework required to be considered for admission to MC is:
- Four years of English
- Two or more years of one foreign language
- Three or more years of math (Algebra I and higher)
- Two or more years of lab science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc.)
- Two or more years of social science or history
Use this Checklist to assure your application is complete:
- Completed Application for Admission. Apply online by creating your personalized Future Scot account. In doing so, you will be able to apply for admission, sign up for a campus tour, register for campus events, and check your application status. You may also download and mail your application.
- Have your official high school (with senior year courses) and/or college transcripts sent to Maryville College.
- High School students must submit an official ACT or SAT test score (Maryville's test codes are SAT: 1454, ACT: 3988)
- One Core Subject Instructor Recommendation (Optional)