Maryville College welcomes Veterans and their dependants interested in completing a college education!


Veterans have a lot to teach the rest of us about life, loyalty, courage, commitment, and much else. The “Got Your 6” program is one of many ways for Maryville College to promise in a very visible way that we will learn and grow, right along with our veterans, into the institution of choice in Tennessee for veterans desiring an affordable and strong undergraduate education.

... Vandy Kemp, Dean of Students
Read Dean Kemp's full statement > 


To apply, complete our Application for Admission.  Apply online as a First-Year student or a Transfer student, or download and mail your application.  Have your official high school and/or college transcripts sent to Maryville College.

To receive VA benefits at Maryville College, students must apply through the Department of Veterans Affairs at and supply copies of the VA Application for Benefits (VONAPP), DD214, and Certificate of Eligibility to the School Certifying Official (SCO) after being accepted for admission to the College.  Once the student is registered for classes and has received a financial award letter, enrollment will be certified to the VA by the SCO.

 Visit MC SVA via Facebook

VA Student Responsibilities:

  • Accurately and completely fill out the online VA application (VONAPP) while maintaining a copy for your records.
  • Provide a copy of the VONAPP, Certificate of Eligibility, and DD214 once benefits have been verified by the VA.
  • Notify the VA and your School Certifying Official (the Registrar) of any changes in address, phone number, direct deposit or Active Duty/Selected Reserve Status.
  • Carefully read all letters from the VA about the monthly rates and effective dates of your benefits. If you think the amount of payment is wrong, contact the VA before using any funds from your payment.
  • Carefully read all letters from the VA requesting information and respond quickly with requested information.
  • Supply your SCO with a copy of the VA letters.
  • Once your classes have been processed by the VA, verify your attendance monthly with the VA.
  • Notify your SCO if you make changes in your enrollment (number of hours, courses or program).

Post 9/11 GI Bill Chapter 33:

The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

The Post-9/11 GI Bill also offers some service members the opportunity to transfer their GI Bill to dependents.

Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the Department of Veterans Affairs, you should take all required VA documentation to the College's SCO (the Registrar) for the school to certify your enrollment to the VA.

For more information on the Post 9/11 GI Bill Chapter 33, visit the GI Bill Web Site

Yellow Ribbon Program:

Maryville College is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program at the highest level. This means that eligible veterans and/or their qualifying dependents will receive free tuition and fees. Only students entitled to the 100% benefit rate of the Post 9/11 GI Bill may receive funding through the Yellow Ribbon Program. You may be eligible if:

  • You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
  • You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
  • You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.

Through the Yellow Ribbon Program, the VA and Maryville College will cover 100% of the cost of your tuition and fees. Students living on campus may make arrangements to apply their VA monthly living stipends to their room and board costs.

To apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program, you must complete and submit your online application (VONAPP) for the Post 9/11 GI Bill to the Department of Veterans Affairs at Your Certificate of Eligibility will advise if your service meets the requirements for the Yellow Ribbon Program. 

Contact Information:

  • Maryville College Transfer Counselor, Darren Dunlap, Admissions Office, 865-981-8089
  • Maryville College Student Veteran Association Advisor, Ted Higgs,
  • Maryville College SCO, Kathi Wilson, 148 Fayerweather Hall,
  • For more information on the Post 9/11 GI Bill, visit the GI Bill Web Site.
  • For more information on the Yellow Ribbon Program, visit the GI Bill Web Site.
  • Use to find answers to your general questions regarding VA Benefits.  
  • Use 1-888-442-4551 for questions regarding your specific education claim.
  • VA Regional Processing Office, P.O. Box 66830, St. Louis MO 63166-6830