Current capital projects include the complete interior renovation of historic Anderson Hall and completing the funding of the newly constructed Clayton Center for the Arts.
Completed in 1870, Named for Issac Anderson (1780–1856), Presbyterian minister and founder of the Southern and Western Seminary (forerunner of Maryville College) and leader for its first four decades. Renovations on the building's exterior were completed in 2008. The building was constructed with funds from William Thaw, John Baldwin and the Freedman's Bureau. Until 2001, it continuously housed the office of the president. Still in full use today, Anderson Hall is home to all of the Humanities, Languages and Literature and Education Divisions. Every student that has attended or currently attends Maryville College, has classes in Anderson Hall.
Clayton Center for the Arts
Completed in March of 2010, the Clayton Center for the Arts is a 136,000 square foot, $47.3 million complex featuring two state-of-the-art buildings and a beautiful outdoor plaza. Funded in great part by a cooperative agreement between the cities of Maryville and Alcoa and Maryville College, the Center was constructed in the footprint of the old Fine Arts Center Building and Wilson Chapel. There are three theater spaces, three art galleries, and dozens of classrooms and practice rooms dedicated to the arts. Visit the Clayton Center for the Arts website to view the events calendar, purchase tickets, and plan your visit. A handful of naming opportunities are still available in this incredible facility. See what naming spaces remain or to make a gift to the capital campaign.