January &/or May
January term and Mary travel-study offers MC sophomores, juniors, and seniors alternate study environments, international experiences and exposure to diverse cultures while earning credit towards their degree. The programs have experiential learning as the focus and are typically three-weeks in length. Programs and destinations vary from year to year and there are options to suit most degrees.
How it Works:
- Explore a new culture
- Fulfill the experiential component of the Maryville curriculum
- Two faculty members accompany a group of Maryville students
- Group meetings, frequent discussions, readings, and journaling
- 3 academic credits
Who can participate?
You! J-Term programs are open to sophomores, juniors and seniors.
Registration & Application:
Please follow the below instructions to apply for a January-term program. You may list up to 4 preferences on the travel study program application. You are encouraged to select more than one site as this improves your chances on being placed on a travel study program. Selection will be conducted by the faculty leaders. Selection decisions are based upon the entire application packet: application, essay, references, GPA, student conduct, etc. In addition, faculty leaders look for a match between the student's goals and the goals of the programs.
Get More Information:
- January Travel Study Program Information Meeting: Meetings will take place in January & February (Watch Today@MC for information)
- Talk to Faculty Leaders about the program you are interested in.
- Please fill out the J-term travel-study faculty-led program application form
- J-term travel-study applications will be due to the Center for Center for International Education (International House) by March 1st with a $100 application fee. This fee will be used as a deposit towards the cost of the program.
- Carter/TRAAVEL scholarship applications will be due to the Center for International Education (International House) by March 1st.
- Selection process varies by program, however applicants should be prepared for an interview as part of the acceptance process.
- Students will be notified by April 1st of their acceptance.
- All selected students will need to make a $200 deposit to the Center for International Education (International House) by April 15th.
- REFUND POLICY: Students who are not selected will receive a refund of this application fee. Otherwise it is non-refundable. If you decline a place offered to you it is non-refundable.