I was an Air Force military brat and moved around the country with my family growing up, which has sparked my love for traveling and meeting new people. I've lived in California, Hawaii, Ohio and North Carolina, and cherish each location. I ventured to East Tennessee to attend the University of Tennessee, Knoxville where I knew absolutely no one and planned on becoming a forensic anthropologist. As in the typical college fashion, I changed majors (several times) and I graduated in 2011 with a B.S. in Public Relations and a minor in Business Administration. After graduating, I worked at Pyxl, a digital marketing firm, as a Communication Specialist and later an Account Manager, where I worked frequently with Maryville College. I have a passion for working with people and helping them solve puzzles.
- Favorite TV Shows – House Hunters International; Law & Order: SVU
- Favorite Sport – Baseball (Dodgers)
- Favorite Desserts – Sea Salt Caramel Ice Cream; Thin Mints
- Favorite Hobbies – Spending time with my husband and two dogs, Pyg and McFly; traveling
- Favorite Books - The Harry Potter series; "The Martian" by Andy Weir
- Places I Would Love to See – Thailand, Iceland, New Zealand (basically everywhere)
Why I Love MC
I started working with Maryville College’s Admissions and Marketing departments, while I was an Account Manager at Pyxl. I quickly realized just how special Maryville College was, and what an incredible place it was for both students and staff. The sense of family and community is present everywhere at the College, and that’s what made me want to transition. My passion for working with people and building and maintaining relationships drew me to the Admissions Counselor position. I’m ecstatic to be a part of this fabulous institution, and I cannot wait to bring in future MC Scot alums!